Thursday, March 14, 2013

Rules of Attraction by : Simone Elkeles

            In the book that I have currently read it is about a guy who had lived in California and then he has to move because he was involved in a gang so his mom sent him to go live with his brother so that his brother could help him and so that he could go to school and get a good education. In the book his name is Carlos and Kiara and it is in both of their perspectives.In the book he hated Kiara at first because she had to make sure that he went to all of his classes and was making sure that he knew where all of his classes were.At some points he even ditched her because he didn't want to be seen with her.
           In the book what I thought was interesting was that it was in two perspectives.I like that it has two perspectives because I can know how they feel about each other.I like that I can tell what they both are feeling at the same time and how they both say that they hate each other but they really like each other. I also like how if one of them does something I can imagine the reaction that the other person would have because I would know it by seeing how they react to the other things that make them mad or happy.I think that he thought that a girl wasn't able to change him and that he was never going to change but at the end he did change for Kiara because he wanted her to think more of him.I think that Kiara was the only one that accepted him for who he was and wanted to help him on the right path slowly by slowly by acting like she wasn't against him.
         I think that in the end he did become a better person that actually cared about other people. In the beginning he only cared abut himself and wanted to go home but after seeing that he wasn't the only one with problems he noticed that other people had suffered more than him.He also thought that his brother was really dumb but after seeing that Britney who was his girlfriend care about all types of people rich and poor and accepted their situation and who they are. I think that Britney and Kiara are alike in many ways. The first reason that makes them alike is because they accept people for who the person is and they treat them like there isn't a problem with her. They are also very positive.They also forgive you very fast.All in all I think that this is a great book and very emotional.    

No comments:

Post a Comment