I have just finished reading this book that was really good.It is about a kid who is fourteen years old and was in a gang because he was living with his two younger brothers and his parents both died. They died in a gas station accident because a fight broke out. The reason of why he was in a gang was because his big brother and his brother were both in it which made him in it because he was a little kid.His big brother who's name was Darry who gave up his career so that he could take care of his two younger brothers because he didn't want them to be alone and he didn't want to leave them. In the book he lost his parents and a lot more people the way that he got rid of it was by smoking because he wanted to keep his mind off of it. In the book I also see that they all have been through so many things together and that even if they don't get a long so well they all knew that they could support each other and they all trusted each other even though they knew that they were all feeling sad.Another thing that was really important was that they always were on the same side even if they were wrong.
I think that justice was not served. Justice was not served because he lost the people that he mostly cared about. I don't even know how he kept on living because if that was me I would be so sad and would be so depressed. I think that justice was not served because at the end of the day he can't get the people that he lost back. He won't ever see them again until he dies. I think that they are stuck with a reputation that he actually does not deserve and that they don't get to prove themselves.Even if they did try to prove themselves they wouldn't be able to prove anything because they are not rich and don't have money so they don't even get to prove themselves and do not get a chance to be able to choose want side they want to be on. I think that it is also not fair because they do not get to choose the path that they get. It is not there fault that they can't change who they are and they possibly wont change. I think that its not fair because they don't want to be who they are because if they had to choose they wouldnt be on the poor side they would probably like to be on the good side.
The book was really important and it helped me understand that just because you live a certain way or just because you are raised in a bad side where you are supposed to be a certain way it doesn't mean that you are like that and you can be different.
No comments:
Post a Comment