Thursday, February 7, 2013

Speak by: Aurie Halse Anderson

           
                  In the book that I have currently been reading this book and it has been really good.It is about a girl who is named Melinda and who doesn't talk to any of the kids from her school because she called the cops on the night of the party.Even though I have not finished the book yet I think that something happened that night that caused her to call the police. They were not allowed to go to the party in the first place but they knew that if they asked there parents they would've said no. After that her best friend who also went decided not to talk to her after that because she went to the party and then looked liked a loser because of what happened. After she became friends with a new girl and then the new girl who's name was Heather and then she joined a group that she wanted to join that were just using her and then they told her that they had to get rid of Melinda so she did and after she came back to Melinda but she said that she didn't want to be friends with her because she just came back because they didn't like her and expected so much from her which was so unfair.Heather told Melinda that she was boring and never was happy and was always complaining about how she felt.
                 I think that justice is not served. I think this because throughout the whole book Melinda is miserable and not having a good life and also justice is not served because what ever happened that night that she had to call the cops was haunting her. I think that her friends should've listened to her explanation she was trying to tell them why she called the cops but they just wouldn't listen to her.Another reason for why I think that justice is not served is because I think that it's not fair that she is suffering by herself and no one is listening to her through out the  book because she talks by herself and keeps her emotions to herself because no one notices that they're is something wrong. That there is a reason for why she called the cops. Justice was not served because who ever was by her side was always leaving her.They were leaving her because they thought she was always sad and not a good friend.They also made her not want to go to class and to go to some classes late because she hated everyone there because everyone hated her because they thought that they knew her when they didn't.
                   All in all I think that this is a really good book and i enjoyed it and it was a book with a lot of action and very suspenseful.    
   

No comments:

Post a Comment