Thursday, December 6, 2012

The list

           This book was really interesting because it shows about how much girls believe when people say something that they don't want to hear.This book shows how some girls fake who they really are to appear tough but really they are not okay at all. Also in the book that i am reading the girls in my book are trying to figure out how they got on their list and want to figure out what is so good or bad about them.Also they try to figure out for example the freshmen try to figure out if they don't even know the people in freshmen year yet how did they know which person to put.
           The different things that happen in my book is that they most unpopular girl in the school  gets a chance to change her reputation but decides to keep her reputation and called her self ugly when she had the chance to call her self the most ugliest in the school for four years straight.Also another thing that was different from books that I have read in the past was that  this book had many perspectives and talked  about each of the girls that got called ugliest or prettiest.Another thing that was different from other books that I have read was that some of the girls were not called ugly because according to the girl that wrote the list some were called ugly because of the way that they acted or because they thought that they should  be or act a certain way.Something that really interested and different about this book that I have not seen in the other books that I normally read is that even though Margo wasn't Jennifer's best friend anymore or even friend she put her as the prettiest girl in the school which in other books they would have made the good person take out the bad. Which made me think of why the author would do that because if I was the author I would want the good guy to get a chance and make the girl get payback or something so the good guy could be happy.
            Some of the complex things that happen in my book is that this list really destroyed girls lives.I think that it destroyed their lives because  nobody wants to be told that they're ugly I think that it was mean that this list was invented in the first place mainly because a lot of people were unhappy and others were happy that they got named the most ugliest.Another complex thing that I noticed was that these girls tried to take each other down and did not care about each other at all because they felt like they couldn't connect to each other because they're was half of them pretty and half ugly but they were all juged so that meant that either way they had to stick my each other.
              All in all I really enjoyed this book and it was interesting even though the whole was mainly about how these girls are being judged and how they think they look. I really shows how everyone has problems even if they hide it or don't want to talk about it.    
     



No comments:

Post a Comment