Thursday, January 10, 2013

The Underneath by: Kathi Appelt

           This book that I am currently reading is very interesting. It is interesting because it doesn't come from a human's perspective and usually in the books you read animals are not the one's telling the story,that's why I mainly found this book interesting.I think that it is interesting that the author from this story chose to talk from an animals perspective and then the kittens perspectives.In the book it is about a cat that is a abandoned when she is pregnant.
            I definitely think that justice was not served.I think this because no matter what a dog got shot because he was trying to save a cat and the dog wasn't even the person's pet because the current owner stole him.Another reason for why I think that justice was not served was because first of all I don't think that it was okay for some one to throw a cat that is a stray no matter what your story is you shouldn't take it out on other people because it will hurt some one else because you were hurt your self once. I think that if it was a stray cat it doesn't deserve to be kicked out but then again it's not it's home but if the cat was pregnant then you should let it live their because it's not bothering you, it's trying to keep it's self alive and it's children.Another reason that I think that justice was not served was because for what ever reason that, that man was mean made him.Which probably means that he has had a bad past so  he hates everyone and everything and makes animals suffer because of what ever has happened in his past.It never says what did happen to him because it is from a cat's perspective and she was abandoned so she couldn't know his past. It made him feel joy to watch animals suffer because I guess that, that was the way that he felt as if he had to take his pain out on everything else because he had to much hatred to be a better person.Another thing that makes me think that justice is not served is because I have only a little part of the book left and I feel as if nothing good has happened.I think that the book got really sad when they made the mother die trying to protect her kittens.This is really sad because it proves how much the mother actually really cared about her kittens staying alive and good.
             What I think that it takes for justice to be served is that for the kittens to be reunited and for the dog to be set free and then he takes over but as their father so that he could keep his promise which was that he would protect the kittens for her. I also think that it would take for us to know why the guy who is named gar face is so mean and cruel to all of the animals and why he mistreats animals for the hurt that he has gone through which from the story now is nothing.
            All in all i thought that this was a good book and it really brought emotion and that this story was trying to make me feel something.
            

No comments:

Post a Comment